The question I get asked most by all you lovely people is: What are your favorite thrift shops? I can't believe its taken me this long to publicly respond, but better late than never right?! Above all, I strive to shop at thrift stores that support the work of non-profit organizations. It’s a win-win because I get rad stuff and the money I spend goes back into the community to support things like after-school programs for kids and emergency shelter for women fleeing domestic violence.
So...without further ado, here’s my list. You can click on the links to see photos of some of the fab (mostly vintage) items I’ve purchased and to learn more about each thrift shop and the Organizations they support <3
- Lifelong Thrift in Capitol Hill- Supports Lifelong Aids Alliance
- Pioneer Thrift in Pioneer Square- Supports DESC (Downtown Emergency Service Center)
- Assistance League Thrift Shop in Wallingford- Supports scholarships for low-income youth
- Stop and Shop in West Seattle- Supports the West Seattle Senior Center
- 5th Ave Boutique downtown- Supports low-income women re-entering the workforce
- Dumpster Values- Not a non-profit but still one of my favs
- Goodwill Blue Boutique- Supports job training programs
Montana (from the Great Vintage Road Trip!)
- Sacks of Bozeman- Supports victims of domestic violence
- Carlos One Night Stand in Missoula- Not a non-profit but still one of my favs
That's it for now! Feel free to leave a comment with some of your fav spots to thrift. Let's spread the thrift shop love!! Queue Macklemore! HAPPY THRIFTING!!!!