Here I am a year ago. It was my 30th Birthday. (Oh how I wish I had full body shot of that fab dress I wore!) Today marks 31 for me. Personally, the past year of my life was really quite amazing and I feel very, very blessed/lucky/brave. It was off to a great start with a super fun Golden Karaoke 30th Birthday Bash. Below are further highlights (not in chronological order nor order of importance).
- I started this blog.
- I thrifted, a lot.
- I performed on stage for the first time in 12 years (formally in The Vagina Monologues and less formally in a work talent show performing the Phantom of Opera Lip Sync/Dance Choreography with my co-worker.)
- I spent my first Christmas in Montana, snow and all.
- I completed the Eurotrip I had been planning for 2 years, traveling to Iceland, Amsterdam and Germany. Amazing!
- I completed 6 out of 7 seasons of 30 Rock. OMG, I LOVE THAT SHOW! I’m starting season 7 right now!
- I traveled to Tennessee for a family reunion. There were over 50 of us there and many of us were involved in the Fleming Family Musical Jamboree that my Uncle organized. SO much fun!
- I got a promotion at work.
- I completed physical therapy for my recurring back issue and actually have kept up with my exercises pretty regularly. (Health and fitness is important, friends.)
- I celebrated many milestones of friends and family including the birth of my adorable God son and my brother’s successful Kickstarter campaign! So proud <3
- And (BEST for last) I got engaged to the most amazing person in the whole wide world <3
31 has some big shoes to fill.
- 80’s Party Dress- Bon Voyage Vintage in Pioneer Square, Seattle
- Gaudy Gold Necklace- University Temple Thrift Store U-District Seattle
Featured Thrift Shop
I love that I work in the same neighborhood as Bon Voyage Vintage! I try to stop in every month or so to scope out the rad new inventory. They truly have a great selection for both guys and gals, fair prices (for a vintage shop downtown), and the shop owner is super sweet!
Photos by Nate Watters www.natewatters.com (via a remote-powered PhotoBooth he set up for my par-tay!)
Original post on thriftingwithvee.com